Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What's the Shape of Things to Come?

The Technology Education Integration Center (TEIC)

To learn more about how you can become a partner with the, please contact: Dr. Joe Scarcella at (909) 537-5287, e-mail: jscarcel@csusb.edu, or through our web site at: http://coe.csusb.edu/scarcella

With the new College of Education Building breaking ground February 2006, a Technology Education Integration Center (TEIC) for advancing Technological Literacy through Science, Technology, pre-Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) is underway. The mission of TEIC at California State University, San Bernardino will be to increase the rate of Technological Literacy that exists within our community through the education of young adults and the individuals who teach them.

In partnership with business and industry, local K-12 and postsecondary education and CSUSB, TEIC provides an environment for learning that increases the economic vitality of students as well as the community in which they live and work.

Through a rigorous curriculum focusing on the applications of Science, Technology, pre-Engineering, and Mathematics TEIC will provide teachers (and teacher education candidates) with a better understanding of our technological world. TEIC serves as a model for integrating subjects and for establishing related programs within local schools.

TEIC faculty and its focused curriculum encourage individuals to pursue technology teaching careers, and increase student interest in the science and technology professions by their involvement in engaging activities.

Technology Education is based on a research conducted by the International Technology Education Association, funded by NASA and the National Science Foundation, that identified what students should know and be able to do to be technologically literate. TEIC will use these Standards for Technological Literacy as a means of teaching science, technology, pre-engineering, and mathematics standards.

Technology Education utilizes problem-based learning activities. The principles for teaching technological studies involve:
  • Designing, developing, and utilizing technological systems
  • Open-ended, problem-based design activities
  • Cognitive, manipulative, and effective learning strategies
  • Applying technological knowledge and processes to real world experiences
  • Working individually as well as in a team to solve relevant, real world problems

13 Comments:

Blogger Rita Earle said...

Wow, I just ran across your blog while surfing, CTE CSUSB, pretty neat! I think you might have some interest in my site. You may find some content of interest.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Wow, I just ran across your blog while surfing, CTE CSUSB, pretty neat! I think you might have some interest in my site. You may find some content of interest.

3:52 AM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Mary Rita Earle here. Great information on What's the Shape of Things to Come?. With the information explosion on the Internet, it can be hard to find exactly what you are looking for when searching on politics. I hope you will find my site politics just as valuable.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Hi CTE CSUSB, I was just blog surfing looking for information on cooking and found you! Your post about What's the Shape of Things to Come? really got me thinking. I think you might find my cooking related site interesting too.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Hi CTE CSUSB, I was just blog surfing looking for information on submitters and found you! Your post about What's the Shape of Things to Come? really got me thinking. I think you might find my submitters related site interesting too.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Wow, I just ran across your blog while surfing, CTE CSUSB, pretty neat! I am always looking for good information on horse racing, and your post What's the Shape of Things to Come? definitly struck a chord. It might be worth your while to check out my horse racing too. Keep up the good work!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Hi CTE CSUSB, I was just blog surfing looking for information on fine arts and found you! Your post about What's the Shape of Things to Come? really got me thinking. I think you might find my fine arts related site interesting too.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Wow, I just ran across your blog while surfing, CTE CSUSB, pretty neat! I am always looking for good information on new betting products, and your post What's the Shape of Things to Come? definitly struck a chord. It might be worth your while to check out my new betting products too. Keep up the good work!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Wow, I just ran across your blog while surfing, CTE CSUSB, pretty neat! I think you might have some interest in my site. You may find some content of interest.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Hi CTE CSUSB. I really like what you have done with your blog! Great post you have here with What's the Shape of Things to Come?. If you visit ezines maybe you will find a bit of ezines information that could help you, too.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Hey this is a pretty cool blog about tarot! Your post What's the Shape of Things to Come? is really interesting! If you are looking for pertinent and related info you might take a look at my tarot site.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Mary Rita Earle here. Great information on What's the Shape of Things to Come?. With the information explosion on the Internet, it can be hard to find exactly what you are looking for when searching on resumes. I hope you will find my site resumes just as valuable.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Mary Rita Earle here. Great information on What's the Shape of Things to Come?. With the information explosion on the Internet, it can be hard to find exactly what you are looking for when searching on education. I hope you will find my site education just as valuable.

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home